Thursday, January 22, 2015

An Accidental Carolina Girl

What is an accidental Carolina girl? 

Well, I live almost on the border between North & South Carolina, but I wasn't born here. I was born in dreary, cold, grey Ohio. I grew up in beautiful but snowy upstate New York & boring suburban Georgia. I went to college in fun downtown Atlanta. I lived in exciting & expensive Los Angeles, CA, for my first job, and I even lived just outside New Orleans very briefly. Then a new job brought me to Charlotte, the greenest city I've ever seen.

Like many young single professionals, I lived where ever my career took me. Until now that is. Now I'm finally settled into a location. My SO grew up in this area, and he owns a business here. We may not be in our forever home yet, but this is our forever area. I even convinced my parents to move to Charlotte, so they're close by as well. 

This is my home. Whether it's North or South Carolina, one thing's for sure, I'm a Carolina girl now.

No comments:

Post a Comment