Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Lazy Girl's Method for Washing her Face

I have a confession to make: I hate washing my face at the sink. I always have. It's just so messy. Maybe it's because of my height, but I end up with water everywhere. Until my late 20's, I would often sleep in my makeup. Now, I take much better care of my skin, but I still dislike washing my face at night. So, I came up with a solution, and my skin is better than ever!

There's a lot of steps here, but don't worry, they're the easiest steps ever. You don't even have to tie your hair back. This method works best on sensitive, combination, or dry skin, but it does work on oily, acne-prone, or aging skin. Just use variations of the products to best suit your skin. I have sensitive combination skin.

First up, your products. You'll need:
Jojoba oil
Makeup remover wipes / pre-moistened face cleaning cloths 
(Optional) eye cream &/or spot treatment 

The method:
1. Apply a heavy layer of the jojoba oil to your whole dry face using your clean hands. (You can let it soak in a few minutes if you want.)
2. Use a face cloth to wipe off the oil and all of your makeup.
3. Rinse your face with water & dry gently (optional but recommended).
4. Apply eye cream or spot treatment (also optional).
5. Apply a final thin layer of jojoba oil.

Why this works:
Jojoba oil does not clog pores or cause breakouts. The initial oil dissolves dirt and grease on your skin. Your face wipe removes all of the loosened dirt and grime. A rinse with water helps too, although I skip this step most nights. I don't have much water pressure or any hot water to my bathroom sink (it's a rental house). Jojoba oil is also a great moisturizer, thus why I apply it a second time.

Let me know if you try it, and if it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment